The Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
The only place in the lower 48 States supporting every species of wild animal that lived in Yellowstone at the time of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Yellowstone’s Unique Features Include:
- 67 different mammals, including wolves and grizzlies.
- 322 bird species.
- Hot springs.
- Boiling mud.
- Expansive views.
- Wild rivers.
THE Destination for creative photographers since 1871, when W.H. Jackson visited with the Hayden survey party. This unique, beautiful and wild land, preserved as Yellowstone National Park by congress in 1872, was the first National Park in the world and certainly is “America’s Best Idea”.
The Seasons of Yellowstone
Are all very different, tours are fluid and flexible to take advantage of current weather and wildlife events.
- In Spring snow may still be plentiful; orange bison calves and newborn elk abound; wolves are often visible actively feeding their pups; and it is the season for Grizzlies to mate as they forage in the valleys.
- In Late Summer the bison are in rut, the hills are turning gold, the grasses are a palette of colors and the weather is warm.
- In the Fall colors are at their peak, bull elk are bugling, birds are numerous, the grasses are golden and the mountains are snow-capped. Mammals sport new coats in preparation for winter; elk, moose, mule deer and pronghorn are mating; and bears forage day and night in their quest to accumulate fat for winter hibernation.
- In Winter Yellowstone is sculpted by the snow into a white canvas of new and sublime landscapes. Wolves are active and mating; Trumpeter Swans grace the Yellowstone River; bachelor herds of Big Horn Sheep congregate; bison are clad with frost; and diamond dust sparkles and floats in the clear frigid morning light.
Consequently, tour activity changes throughout the year, with each tour being flexible to take advantage of whatever events are unfolding in the Park.
Previously mentored by Tom Murphy, Cindy operates tours under the ‘Safari Yellowstone’ guiding permit, a National Park Service licensed company in both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.
Available year round, tours are arranged to take advantage of the best light and wildlife opportunities.